Saturday, August 20, 2011

beautiful sunsets (sneak peak on some stuff I bought as well!)



Ok ladies and gents. I went on a shopping spree and spent an absurd amount of money in the last few days >.< . But, that's like when you're addicted to beauty..lol. So I ended up breaking down and finally ordering some things from urban decay. It will be a rare occasion I'm sure, cause I am BROKE as hell most of the time, AND they were having a massive sale on a lot of their items..so I figured now would be the perfect time to give it a try.  I'm not gonna go into everything that I ordered because I WILL be having a separate post when that stuff arrives..(HELLO HAUL!). But its basically a kit that has some different products I wanted to try (Urban Bride kit--NO, I'm not getting married..just liked the products in it), as well as some cream and matte powder eyeshadows). But more details to come, once it arrives!)



But onto the reason for today's post. Got a new look for you all to try!. I call it beautiful sunsets and its pink and purples. I was bored today and got some new eyeshadow from the store and wanted to see what I could come up with and this was the end result! Hope you like (p.s. ignore my bad skin everywhere else, I didn't do any face makeup when I was messing around):

closeup with eyeliner




close up without eyeliner

closeup with eyeliner showing colors more

both eyes closed

both eyes open

both eyes with no eyeliner

another close up with eyeliner

close up with eyes closed

Application:
I started off with elfs eyelid primer in nude. I then took my brush and packed the bright pink eyeshadow on the lower part of my lid til it was the bright consistency that I wanted. I then took the purple (came in the same duo) and placed it in my crease using windshield wiper motions until it was completely blended I also blended it up above the crease as well. I then applied a very very light purple as my highlight under my brow and blended it down into the purple. I then took a bit more of the bright pink and packed it on my lid to get it a bit brighter. After that I applied some liquid liner to my top lashes and some mascara. Then I couldn't decide if I wanted to line my lower waterline, so I did some pics with, and without. I think I like it better with they eyeliner however..but either way would be perfectly fine.

Products used:

Primer: elfs eyeshadow primer

Eyeshadow: NYC duo shadow in Island Sunset #811B (lid/crease colors), and Rimmel London Smokey Purple quad #003 (lightest shade for highlight).

Eyeliner (upper lash line): L'oreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black #H200 (I've seen this in a lot of Youtube video tutorial's latley and everyone RAVED about--with good reason..this stuff is AMAZING!)

Eyeliner (waterline): Avon glimmersitck in Blackest Night #G04

Mascara: NYC Skyrise lengthening Mascara in Extreme Black #842

Brushes Used:
Elf eyeshadow brush for the lid as well as the highlighter color

Elf blending brush to do the crease as well as blend all the colors seamlessly together.