Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pink Paradise!




I've got a new look for you guys again today! I decided to try something fun with a few different shades of pink. I did wear this look to work today- although it might be a bit too bright for some of you out there. But I adore the way it turned out! This look does have a mix of both matte and shimmer..so it has the best of both worlds! I also topped off the look with my new NYC Lipstick which is a beautiful creamy bright pink with just a hint of shimmer! Hope you enjoy!







 
I started off with elf's eyelid primer in nude. Once it dried a bit I began packing on the shimmery Hot Topic shade in cupcake. I built up the color to my desired amount. I then began applying the pink shade in the NYC Island Sunset duo to my crease. This color is surprisingly pigmented so it didn't take much to build it up to my desired look. I used my crease brush using windshield wiper motions to get it deep inside the crease. Lastly, I applied my highlight color which is the light shimmery pink color from the NYX Champagne and Caviar palette. I actually prefer to use my eyeshadow brush to apply my highlight shade. I then took my blending brush and used swirly motions and windshield wiper motions to blend all my colors together. I added colors as needed and continued to blend to achieve my desired effect. My last addition was to take my contour crease brush and added a pop of color with the NYX pink color to the inside corner of my eyes.

With my eyeshadow colors complete, I used my liquid eyeliner to line my upper lash line and and added mascara to complete the look!

I then moved on too my face which I started off with my Hard Candy Primer, followed by my foundation which I applied with my fingers (I haven't found a cheap foundation brush that I look, it always ends up looking streaky). I added a bit of concealer under my eyes and to any blemishes and blended as needed.  I then applied a bit of blush to my cheeks. To finish the look I added my bright pink lipstick and headed out the door! Here's the finished look, hope you enjoy!


Products used:

EYES
primer: elf's eyelid primer (nude)

eyeshadow:Hot topic eyeshadow in Cupcake for the lid, NYC duo shadow, Island Sunset #811B for the crease shade,Champagne and Caviar light pink color (bottom row, 4th color) for highlight

Eyeliner (upper lash line): L'oreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black #H200

mascara: Avon SuperFULL in black #S21

FACE
Primer: Hard Candy Sheer Envy

Foundation: Revlon ColorStay in 150 Buff

Concealor: NYC Liquid Concealor in Light #786

eyebrows: NYX Champagne and Caviar brown color (3rd from color bottom row)

LIPS

Lipstick: NYC Ultra moist Lipwear in Blossom #316

Blush: Elf Blush/Bronzed #83601


Brushes Used:

Elf eyeshadow brush for the lid as well as the highlighter color

Elf eye contour brush to do the crease

Elf blending brush to deepen crease as well as blend all the colors seamlessly together.

Elf blush and contour blush for blush (duh)

Elf concealer brush to fill in my eyebrows