Sunday, October 16, 2011

"Nude"tral! OMG it's a neutral look!

Oh My God! Yes I finally decided to break down and do a completely neutral make up look! It's a rarity for me, but I figured I should do one every now and then. So here ya go:





*See this link for code for the 120 palette

I started of with Urban Decay's Primer Potion spreading it evenly on my lid using my ring finger. I started off with my eyeshadow brush and applying G9 (a champagne shimmery gold) on the lid. I then took the same brush and mixed G6 (a brown with some reddish undertones) and G9  and Created a *C* shape starting from the outer corner and following it up into my crease. Making sure to blend evenly as I go. I then applied  L7 to my brow bone for a highlight. Again making sure to blend all these colors together. Since I was going for a nice, toned down neutral look you want to make sure everything is blended seamlessly together. To finish off the eyes I used my angled liner brush and Maybelline's gel liner to my upper lash line and my lower waterline. Lastly I layered 2 mascaras--one for lengthening and the other to make my lashes appear fuller. I then used G4 (a rich chocolate brown) to fill in my brows

I then moved on to my face. I applied my face primer and my foundation, both using my hands. I then applied my concealer to my blemishes and under eye circles and blended with my ring finger. I followed that up by applying blush to the apples of my cheeks and blending it up to my temples. After that I applied my finishing powder and blended it out with a large fluffy brush. I then applied my lipstick straight from the tube. Lastly, I set it all with my All night setting spray!

Products used:

EYES

Urban Decay Primer Potion (original formula)

120 eye palette (1st edition) for all eyeshadows (unless otherwise mentioned)

Maybelline Gel liner: black (upper lash line and waterline)

NYC Skyrise lengthening Mascara in Extreme Black #842

Avon's SuperFULL mascara in Black #S21

FACE

Hard Candy Face Primer

Foundation: Revlon ColorStay in 150 Buff

Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in 10 Fair (this stuff is AMAZING!!)

Blush: elf's blush and bronzer duo

Urban Decay's Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder

Urban Decay's All Night Setting Spray

LIPS

Avon's Ultra Color Rich Lisptick in Tickle Pink

Brushes Used:

Elf essential eyeshadow brush to pack color on everywhere and do light blending

Revlon's Smokey eye Brush

Elf eyeshadow brush (studiol line) brush for the highlight

Elf blending brush (essential line) to blend all the colors seamlessly together.

Elf blush brush (studio line) to apply blush and contour with elfs bronzer

Elf concealer brush (essential line) to fill in my eyebrows