Friday, October 21, 2011

Pink Panther goes to Hollywood!

I've been toying with the idea of creating and naming a look like this. I love pinks and purples (especially together), and I was watching something the other day and the pink panther song came on. So I decided to dig through my stuff and come with a look and name it after the pink panther. I threw in some sparkles and a bit of purple to glam it up a bit. The sparkles represent the jewels he's always lookin for, and the purple is because sometimes in the drawings his outline looks a bit purpleish. Hence I came up with the name *Pink Panther goes to Hollywood*! Let me know what you guys think and I hope you enjoy!









*See this link for code for the 120 palette
I started off with my Urban Decay Primer Potion (as usual). I started off this look by applying Urban Decay's cream shadow in Sphynx on my lid . Sphynx is a light baby pink with loads of sparkle and shimmer. I applied 3 layers (allowing it to dry between each layer) to build up to a nice opaque pink shimmer color. I then took the color I2 (a matte bright pink) from my 120 pallete and applied it to my a crease and blended up. I then took the color I-1 (a darker shimmery pink) and applied it to my deep crease without blending up much. I wanted the matte brighter pink to still be seen quite a bit above the deep crease. I then took a mix of J6 and J10 (2 beautiful purples) and created a really high cut crease, I then brought it around to meet the outer corner of my eye. I  carried this color all the way around to meet my inner corner as well. Basically creating an outline of the entire pink parts of the eye. I then continue with the same colors and smudged them into my lower lash line and connected the purple on the bottom with the purples on the top. I did not want to blend any of the purple into the pink much because I wanted a stark cut between colors. I then added L7 (a creamy white) as a highlight under my brow. I then took my gel liner and lined my upper lash line only, winging it out just a tiny bit. Lastly, curled my lashes, added mascara and filled in my brows.

I moved on to my face and applied my elf primer using my hands and then my foundation as well. I then applied my blush and my finishing powder. To complete my look I applied my lipstick and gloss.

Products used:

EYES

Urban Decay Primer Potion (original formula)

Urban Decay's Cream Shadow in Sphynx

120 eye palette (1st edition) for all eyeshadows (unless otherwise mentioned)

Maybelline Gel liner: black (upper lash line)

NYC Skyrise lengthening Mascara in Extreme Black #842

FACE

ELF Face Primer

Foundation: Revlon ColorStay in 150 Buff

Sally Blush (sold at Sally's Beauty Supply)

NYC Transluscent finishing powder

LIPS

Avon's Ultra Color Rich Lisptick in Wink Pink

L.A. Colors Ligloss in Pink Pearl

Brushes Used:

Elf essential eyeshadow brush to pack color on everywhere and do light blending

Revlon's Smokey eye Brush (for angled liner side and smudge side)

Elf blush brush (studio line) to apply blush and contour with elfs bronzer

Elf concealer brush (essential line) to fill in my eyebrows