Friday, October 21, 2011

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Circles

So I was watching a beauty guru on youtube (makeupbytiffanyD), and I seen her do a review of her favorite foundations and concealers and she mentioned the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Circles. She said it did wonders for her under eye circles. I have horrendous under eye circles, I'm not sure if it's from stress, or lack of sleep, or really crappy genetics--but they are bad. My current concealer wasn't really helping much, plus it tended to settle in those fine lines I'm starting to get around my eyes (*shakes fist at father time*). So I was at the store the other day and decided to have a look and see if I could find this stuff. We'll needless to say, I happened upon it, and it is AMAZING! My shade is Fair (#10).  Here's some pics and my full review:






I'm going to start off with the packaging. I was a bit scared of the pouf that is attached to the top. It's one of those twisty containers where you turn it and the product comes out of a sponge at the top. I've always thought these things were pretty unhygenic. I guess this thing is anti-microbial, which I suppose it to help stop the spread of germs and whatnot. So I guess I can overlook that. It took me about 3 minutes of continuous twisting to get the product to come out of the top, which was a pain in the arse, but it eventually came out. I had visions of twisting it too much and half the container coming out! haha! But all worked out well, and I can deal with the packaging. Also the pouf thing at the top is quite smooth so it doesn't tug at the delicate under eye skin.

As for the product itself. It is AMAZING stuff. It is very thin in texture which is nice. It's not thick or creamy..it almost has the texture of a moisturizer. It's also very very pigmented, which is awesome. You don't need much of this product and it covers gloriously! It spreads out evenly and you can't even tell it's there. It's almost silky in texture actually. This stuff does NOT settle in those nasty little lines either! This is probably some of the best concealer I've ever used! It goes on great and lasts all day. I highly recommend this stuff, definitely check it out!!