Saturday, September 3, 2011

Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Review!



Ok so I got paid yesterday, therefore I went shopping. Which pretty much means, NEW makeup! So I have been eyeing the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow. I decided on the "green eyes" collection. It had the most beautiful colors, plus a wide array of different colors. And wow, this was an AWESOME buy. At just under 10 dollars I got 9 beautiful eyeshadows, all are really nicely pigmented, and with a good primer will last ALL day. My next post will have a tutorial using this palette, but the pictures were taken 9 hours after it was applied with NO touch ups (plus a 6 hour work shift in between) and it still looked beautiful! But back to the review..here are some swatches broken down with my reviews:


Colors 1-6
Color 1: a white shimmer with green duochrome shadow also looks a bit blue in certain light.
Color 2: A bright shimmer lime green
Color 3: A bright purple shimmer
Color 4: A light shimmer baby blue
Color 5: A bright shimmery teal blue (gorgeous!)
Color 6: A darker shimmery purple

colors 7-9  


Color 7: A darker and slightly olive shimmery green
Color 8: a beautiful bright pink (leans a cool pink) shimmer (also beautiful)
Color 9: A dark teal (leans more toward green) shimmer


I absolutely adore this palette and one of the best 10 dollars Ive spent in a long time. If you're looking to start out with some brighter eyeshadows but don't want to spend a lot of money, I highly highly recommend this palette. I liked the "green eyes" one the best because it had the most color selection of all of them. I used this palette to do my eyeshadow this morning before work and got many compliments (even from my boss!!). One of my customers said, "not many people can rock those colors, they look amazing on you!". So yeah, if you wanna be bold and little shimmery, give this palette a try!