Saturday, September 3, 2011

pink limeade smoothie tutorial!



I have another new look for you all today. It's called Pink Limeade Smoothie. I did the entire look using the Physician's Formula Shimmer collection for "green eyes", that I reviewed in my last post. I got a lot of compliments on this look. Even one from my boss at work, she said, " I didn't notice before, but your eyeshadow looks nice! It really brings out the color of your eyes!". One of my customer's said, "Not too many people can pull of those colors, it looks amazing on you!" So I'm quite happy with the look and I hope you guys give it a try!  Also I want to add, I did this make up look at 9 this morning, and I didn't take these pictures til around 6 p.m. So with Urban Decay's primer potion underneath, these shadows last amazingly well, and it was 92 degrees here today!


eye open
eye closed
eye open
up close and personal
finished look
I started off with Urban Decay's Primer Potion (major Urban Decay haul/review coming up tomorrow hopefully!) original formula. First, I took the color 2nd from the bottom (the bright pink) and applied it to my crease and blended up to where my highlighter color will start. I did apply a couple of coats to get my desired color. Then I applied the bright green (2nd one from the top) to my lid, but I applied it wet to get a more intense color. I let it dry then set it with a light dusting of the same color only dry. After that I moved on to my highlight color, I used the white color (top of the palette), which is actually white with a green duo chrome to it. I then blended that down into the pink. While blending I lost some of the pink's intensity so I added some more and continued to blend it to my desired look. I then applied the light shimmery blue (fourth color from the top) to my inner corners. When I stepped back and looked I realized my crease needed just a touch more depth so I added the dark teal color (at the bottom of the palette) and added it just to my outer crease and blended it in lightly blended it in. I then applied liner to my lower waterline and the same dark teal color to the outer 3rd of my lower lash line. I topped it off with some (amazing) mascara! I hope you all enjoyed the look and want to give it a try! And please check out this palette it truly is amazing!

Products used:

EYES

Primer: Urban Decay Primer potion (now I know what all the fuss is about..this stuff is brilliant!)

Eyeshadow: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow (for green eyes)

Eyeliner: Avon glimmersitck in Blackest Night #G04

Mascara: Urban Decay's Supercurl Curling Mascara #60345 (AMAZING!)

FACE
Primer: Hard Candy Sheer Envy

Foundation: Revlon ColorStay in 150 Buff

Blush: elf's blush and bronzer duo (just the blush though)

Concealor: NYC Liquid Concealor in Light #786

eyebrows: NYX Champagne and Caviar brown color (3rd from color bottom row)

Finishing Powder: Urban Decay's Razor Sharp Ultra-Definition Finishing Powder #68310

LIPS

Lipstick: NYC Ultra moist Lipwear in Blossom #316 (not pictured but I wore it to work, it just wore off by the time I took the pics)

Brushes Used:

Elf eyeshadow brush for the lid as well as the highlighter color

Elf blending brush to deepen crease as well as blend all the colors seamlessly together.

Elf blush and contour blush for blush

Elf concealer brush to fill in my eyebrows