Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Nerd's Candy!

I had to run some errands today and decided to post my look for today. I've worn this look a couple of times now and I REALLY love it. So I figured I'd give everyone a look!


This mascara creates some AMAZING lashes!

love the hint of green at the bottom there.






I started off with Urban Decay's Primer Potion. I then applied a white cream (it's actually that white halloween makeup) to my eyes and let it dry a bit, this stuff actually works REALLY nicely as an eyeshadow base. You MUST use a primer underneath though because it WILL crease on its own. I got the tube for 67 cents, and its gonna last me for a LONG time *score!*. I then took a paddle brush and started to pack on the teal blue (Urban Decay's, Electric). I then worked on the crease using the a mix of the two purples from the Physician's Formula POP Eyez collection (for green eyes). And to blend it out and brighten them up a little I added a mineral eyeshadow from L.A. Colors in Purple. I made sure to blend all these colors nicely. I then added a bit of the light blue shimmery color (from the Physician's Formula palette) to the middle of the lid to add a bit of dimension because the Electric eyeshadow is a matte color. Lastly I just took a white color from my NYX palette as my highlight. I then took my Maybelline gel liner in black to my waterline and set it with the black from my NYX palette. I then took a tiny bit of the light blue eyeshadow again (from the physicians formula palette), and added to my inner eyes (tear duct), and to tone it down I added a bit of the white shimmer from the same pallete to open up the eyes. To add a little bit of flare , I then took the bright green towards the bottom of the palette to line my lower lash line and bring out a wing. To finish off the eyes I added Urban Decay Supercurl mascara and filled in my brows with darkest brown in my NYX palette.

I then got started on my face. First I applied my Hard Candy primer and my foundation over top. I then added blush to the apples of my cheeks. I finished off the face with Urban Decays finishing powder and blended it in with a fluffy brush. And I set all my face make up with Urban Decay's setting spray. Lastly I added a bit of lip color to finish off my entire look! I hope you enjoy it!


Products Used:

EYES

Urban Decay Primer Potion (original formula)

Eyeshadow: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow (for green eyes)

Urban Decay: Electric eyeshadow matte

L.A. COLORS: Purple #BME498

Urban Decay: Supercurl Mascara

eyebrows: NYX Champagne and Caviar brown color (3rd from color bottom row)

FACE

Foundation: Revlon ColorStay in 150 Buff

Blush: elf's blush and bronzer duo

Urban Decay's Razor Sharp Ultra-Definition Finishing Powder

All Nighter Setting Spray

LIPS

Lipstick: NYC Ultra moist Lipwear in Blossom #316

Brushes Used:

Elf Concealer Brush(studio line) to pack color onto the lid

Elf Crease Brush (studio line)to apply color to the the crease

Elf eyeshadow (essential line) brush for the highlight

Elf blending brush (essential line) to blend all the colors seamlessly together.

Elf blush brush (studio line) to apply blush and contour with elfs bronzer

Elf concealer brush (essential line) to fill in my eyebrows

Elf's Concealer brush (essential line--I have 2 of these) to apply color to my inner tear duct