Saturday, October 15, 2011

tootie fruity

I was just playing around with colors before work yesterday, and this is the look I came up with! I hope you enjoy! Also, be on the look out for a couple product reviews coming up in the next day or 2! I got a new concealer and a new brush, both are AMAZING! But here's the look:


you can see the yellow more here and in the following pic

loving the look of the gel liner now that I have a good brush to apply it!

up close and personal

look--no more under eye circles!!

silly smile



*See this link for code for the 120 palette
I started off with Urban Decay's Primer Potion blended into the lid with my ring finger. I then took my eyeshadow brush and applied B5 (a bright yellow) from my 120 palette to the inner 3rd of my lid, I really packed it on because I don't find this yellow to be quite as pigmented as I would like (*sad face*). I then took D4 (a bright green) and applied it to the middle of my lid, blending it into the yellow. I then took F4 and applied it to the outter 3rd of my lid blending it into the bright green. I then took a mix of K1 (a dark shimmery teal blue) and K4 (a dark shimmery navy blue) and created  a *C* shape starting at the outer corner of my lid and bringing it above my lid to create a cut crease (just above my natural crease line and blended it all the way across. I continued to layer it until I got a nice bright opaque color throughout. Lastly I applied I2 (a bright pink) and blended it down into the teal/blue and up towards my brow bone. Mixing the bright pink and the teal blue colors created a beautiful purple in the making. I again continued to layer the color til I got a nice opaque color all the way across. One thing I've learned, layering and blending is the key to these looks! Lastly, I took L7 ( a light creamy, frosty color) and applied it under my brow for a highlight. Then I took my small precision brush and added a white shadow with green irredecense (from my physician's forumla palette) in the inner corner for a highlight. To finish off the eyes, I lined my upper lash line and lower waterline with my new angled eyeliner brush using maybelline's gel liner. I then applied 1 coat of a lengthening mascara too my lashes, allowed it to dry, then applied a coat of mascara that makes your lashes look fuller. Lastly, I used another precision (tiny paddle) brush to fill in my brows with a dark brown powder.

To finish off the look, I applied my face primer, followed by my foundation--both applied with my hands, I haven't gotten the finish I like using anything else. I fixed up any spots  and under eye circles with concealer and again blended with my fingers. I used my fluffy blush brush, and applied blush to the apples of my cheeks and swept up towards my temples. To top off the face I applied my finishing powder and blended with a big fluffy face brush and my lipstick straight from the tube. To seal it all in, I used 4 sprays of my Urban Decay setting spray.


Products used:

EYES

Urban Decay Primer Potion (original formula)

120 eye palette (1st edition) for all eyeshadows (unless otherwise mentioned)

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow (for green eyes)- white irridecent for inner corner highlight

Maybelline Gel liner: black (upper lash line and waterline)

NYC Skyrise lengthening Mascara in Extreme Black #842

Avon's SuperFULL mascara in Black #S21
NYX Champagne and Caviar: darkest matte brown to do my eyebrows

FACE

Hard Candy Face Primer

Foundation: Revlon ColorStay in 150 Buff

Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in 10 Fair (this stuff is AMAZING!!)

Blush: elf's blush and bronzer duo

Urban Decay's Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder

Urban Decay's All Night Setting Spray

LIPS

Lipstick: NYC Ultra moist Lipwear in Blossom #316
Brushes Used:

Elf essential eyeshadow brush to pack color on everywhere and do light blending

Revlon's Smokey eye Brush

Elf eyeshadow brush (studiol line) brush for the highlight

Elf blending brush (essential line) to blend all the colors seamlessly together.

Elf blush brush (studio line) to apply blush and contour with elfs bronzer

Elf concealer brush (essential line) to fill in my eyebrows