Sunday, September 4, 2011

Holy Haul It's Urban Decay! (pt. 2)



This is part 2 of my Urban Decay haul/review. This one is dedicated to my eyeshadows that I purchased. Some of them were hit and miss, and I must say I am quite sad that I still have not found my perfect purple eyeshadow yet :(. I may bite the bullet and buy one from Sugarpill (they have amazing cosmetics from what I've heard, and their purple is gorgeous!). I must also say that I am quite sad that I did not receive one of the shadow pigments that I had purchased, but I called Urban Decay's Customer Service and they were polite and apologetic and quickly refunded me the money as well as my shipping cost for the ENTIRE order. That being said, I still wish I had gotten the pigment.  Here's what I got!


matte shadow: Electric

Electric again. How cute is that packaging?!

Electric is a matte but electric teal blue. It is a nice smooth and velvety texture and is highly pigmented. This is a beautiful shade and I love to pack it on the lid. I find that it works the best when used wet, you get the vibrant teal that's true to the pan color. It's still beautiful as a crease color but I find it hard to keep that rich pigmentation once it is blended. Still an amazing buy on sale for 3 dollars!
cream shadow in: Delinquent
 Delinquent is a bright purple shimmer. It is a cream shadow (hence the name..haha). Now I'm not sure if it was just mine, but it seemed rather clumpy and old and just doesn't have a very smooth texture. I find this color to only really be useful on the lid and you need to let it dry before you do too many other colors on the eye or you will have a hot mess on your hands! Glad I only spent 3 dollars on it.
cream shadow in: Sphynx
 Sphynx is another cream shadow. It is a baby pink with beautiful shimmer/sparkle to it. I found it to be a lot creamier and easier to work with then the delinquent. I still can't really use this in the crease but it works beautifully on the lid and isn't as clumpy as delinquent either. But it's definitely a beautiful color. This was definitely worth the 3 dollars I spent on it.
Loose Pigment in: Rockstar
 I must say, I was quite disappointed with this pigment. Maybe its because I'm not used to using pigments (this is my first), but I find that it has A LOT of fallout, and because it is a dark color (purple duochrome with sparkles in a black base) it's hard to get the fallout off without messing everything else up. I also found that as soon as I blend this out it basically just looks black, and not a nice black..but a ruddy gross looking black. Even though I used my primper potion under it, it still creased like mad and traveled around my eye after about 5-6 hours. I will continue to mess with this and hope I can get some use out of it somehow. Glad I only payed 1 dollar for it on sale.

Here are some swatches for you:
L to R: Electric, Delinquent, Sphynx, Rockstar

Electric & Delinquent

Sphynx & Rockstar