Sunday, September 11, 2011

blueberry frosting!

Got a new look for you today, it's called Blueberry Frosting! Its a beautiful frosty light blue on the lid and a darker teal blue in the crease, and a white with green duo chrome as a highlight. I used the Physician's Formula palette for the "green eyes" for this tutorial today. So here's all the complete pics and what I did and used:

I started off with Elf's eyelid primer potion (I save my Urban Decay for when I'm going out).  I then used my my Elf concealer brush from the studio line to pack the lightest blue color (4th one down) onto the lid. I then took a crease brush and applied the darker teal color (under the light blue, 5th color down) into the crease. I had to keep adding more to the color to get the desired color payoff and just continued to blend. I made sure the lid color and the crease color blended nicely together . I then added the white (with green duo chrome) from the top of the palette as my highlight color on my brow bone. I then took a dark brown eyeshadow color from my NYX (champagne and Caviar) palette, and filled in my brows. Next, I applied black eyeliner to my waterline and 1 coat of black mascara to my upper lashes only (anything on the lower lashes smudges almost immediately). To finish off the eyes, I took the lightest color from the Physicians formula (top color) and applied it to the inner corner/tear duct area of my eyes.

I then applied my foundation using my fingers, making sure to get nice even coverage. Finally I took my blush/bronzer duo and contoured my cheeks and applied blush to the apples and swept it up to my temples. My last step was to apply my lipstick.

Products Used:

EYES

Elf's eyelid primer (nude)

Eyeshadow: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow (for green eyes)

Eyeliner: Avon glimmersitck in Blackest Night #G04

Mascara: Avon SuperFULL in Black #S21

FACE

Foundation: Revlon ColorStay in 150 Buff

Blush: elf's blush and bronzer duo

eyebrows: NYX Champagne and Caviar brown color (3rd from color bottom row)

LIPS

Lipstick: NYC Ultra moist Lipwear in Blossom #316


Brushes Used:

Elf Concealer Brush(studio line) to pack color onto the lid

Elf Crease Brush (studio line)to apply color to the the crease

Elf eyeshadow (essential line) brush for the highlight

Elf blending brush (essential line) to blend all the colors seamlessly together.

Elf blush brush (studio line) to apply blush and contour with elfs bronzer

Elf concealer brush (essential line) to fill in my eyebrows

Elf's Concealer brush (essential line--I have 2 of these) to apply color to my inner tear duct