Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Recreation of: Lisa Frank Penguins By vintageortacky

I was watching through Vintageortacky's videos and found a look I just had to try and recreate it for myself. I absolutely adore her and she is one of the few youtube guru's that got me started with this blog-but even more so to be more confident in using bright colors! My first attempt at this look went horribly wrong. But that didn't stop me, so I took it all off and started again. I think it turned out quite nice the second time around! So anyway, here ya go!











*See this link for code for the 120 palette

I started off with my Urban Decay Primer Potion. My first eyeshadow color I used was the light blue from my physicians formula on the inner 2/3rds of my eye, on the outer 3rd I used Urban decay's electric eyeshadow and blended it with the other. I then took my new (awesome!) 120 eyeshadow palette, first edition. I took color J8 and applied it to my crease and blended it up, making sure that I got a nice opaqueness and to make sure I bring it up evenly on both eyes. Above that I took the color I2 and blended it down into the purple and up towards my highlight area, in the video I watched she layed the pink color down first-but I found that to be a bit too muddy when I blended them out. Finally I took G9 as my highlight and blended it down into the pink to get rid of any harsh lines. I then lined my upper lash line  with a marker style eyeliner pen and used a gel liner to line my lower waterline. Under my lower lash line I applied Urban Decay's electric eyeshadow. I used a tiny concealer brush and got it wet so the color would apply more brightly. To finsih off the eyes I curled my lashes and added mascara, and filled in with my brows with a matte brown eyeshadow.

To finish the rest of my look I applied my primer along with my foundation directly after. I then swept some blush from the apples of my cheeks up towards my temples. To complete my overall look, I applied a lipstain and gloss. I first applied the lipstain and allowed it to dry to a matte finish--they say you can wear this alone, but it's quite drying, so I went ahead and applied the clear gloss that came with it.

Products Used:

EYES

Urban Decay Primer Potion (original formula)

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow (for green eyes)- light blue color for inner half of lid

Urban Decay: Electric eyeshadow matte (outer half of lid and under the lash line)

120 Eye palette (1st Edition) for 2 crease colors and highlight

L'oreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black #H200 (upper lash line)

Maybelline Gel liner: black (waterline)

NYC Skyrise lengthening Mascara in Extreme Black #842

NYX Champagne and Caviar: darkest matte brown to do my eyebrows

FACE

elf face primer

Foundation: Revlon ColorStay in 150 Buff

Blush: elf's blush and bronzer duo

LIPS

Elf's Lip stain/gloss in fashionista

Brushes Used:
Elf essential eyeshadow brush to pack color on everywhere and do light blending

Elf eyeshadow brush (studiol line) brush for the highlight

Elf blending brush (essential line) to blend all the colors seamlessly together.

Elf blush brush (studio line) to apply blush and contour with elfs bronzer

Elf concealer brush (essential line) to fill in my eyebrows