Friday, October 7, 2011

grape madness!

This look was inspired by xsparkage's video on youtube. I absolutely loved the look and did my own spin on it. And I love the way it turned out. It reminded me on neon green and purple grapes! So I recreated it this morning before work and got a ton of compliments on it! These pics were taken AFTER work, I was sitting in the car waiting for my mom to get out of a store. So keep in mind I was pretty tired in these pics, and the make up wasn't freshly applied (was applied around 9 a.m. and these pics were taken around 4:30 p.m.). But here ya go:







Here is the link to 120 palette code: 

I started of using Urban Decay's Primer Potion all over the lid and under the eye. I then started off applying colors D6 and C9 (a mix) to give it a bright color with just a tiny bit of shine. I packed that on the lid to get the brightness I wanted and made sure it was applied evenly. I then moved on to number F4 which is a bright blue and applied it to the crease, making sure to blend it slightly into the green so I don't have a harsh line. Above that I took L7 and used it as a highlight under the brow bone.I then lined my upper lash line with a pen style liquid liner then on the bottom waterline I used a black gel liner. On the lower lash line I used a bright purple, number J2, I used this wet to create an intense purple liner look. To finish off the eye look I applied mascara and filled in my brows with a matte brown eyeshadow.

To do my face, I started off with my Hard Candy face primer, followed by my Revlon Colorstay foundation. I applied both using my hands. After that I applied blush to the apples of my cheeks swept up towards my temple. I applied I tiny bit of concealer under my eyes and blended with my fingers. To finish off my face I applied my setting powder. It comes with this akward sponge on top, so I just dab it on my face then blend out with a fluffy face brush. And finally I added Elf's lip stain in Fashionista (without the gloss side) and Avon's lipstick in a twinkle pink.

Products Used:

EYES

Urban Decay Primer Potion (original formula)

120 Eye palette (1st Edition)

L'oreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black #H200 (upper lash line)

Maybelline Gel liner: black (waterline)

Urban Decay's SuperCURL mascara

NYX Champagne and Caviar: darkest matte brown to do my eyebrows

FACE

Hard Candy Face Primer

Foundation: Revlon ColorStay in 150 Buff

Blush: elf's blush and bronzer duo

NYC liquid Concealer in light

Urban Decay's Razor Sharp Ultra-Definition Finishing Powder

LIPS

Elf's Lipstain in Fashionista (without the gloss)

Avon's Ultra Color Rich Lisptick in Twinkle Pink

Brushes Used:
Elf essential eyeshadow brush to pack color on everywhere and do light blending

Elf eyeshadow brush (studiol line) brush for the highlight

Elf blending brush (essential line) to blend all the colors seamlessly together.

Elf blush brush (studio line) to apply blush and contour with elfs bronzer

Elf Concealer Brush (essential line) to apply purple liner to lower lash line

Elf concealer brush (essential line) to fill in my eyebrows