Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Im back!! With a fall look!

So, I haven't had a working laptop for quite some time. But I' m excited to be back! I have lots of good products to review, and I'm always looking for more to try out. But my first post back is going to be a bronzy/fall look. I hope you all enjoy and start coming back regularly again!

I started off this look with Urban Decay's Primer Potion, all over the lids and up into my brows - I've noticed this helps my brow pencil and powder to stay on better. So I my first shadows were a mix between chopper and half baked from the Naked 2 palette- I packed this mix onto the lid. I then took a mix of busted and tease into the crease and blending slightly up, and then to darken the outer V I took a tiny amount of blackout - also from the Naked 2 palette and worked it carefully in--it can easily get out of hand, so use a light touch! I highlighted with foxy from the Naked 2 palette which is a matte cream color..you don't want ALL shimmer on the eyes at the same time--and most of those previous shadows were shimmer. I filled in my brows with a pencil, then set it with a powder using an angled liner brush for precise application. I took a black liquid liner and lined my upper lash line and took it out and created a nice wing. I finished off the eyes with a curling mascara.

I moved on to the face and used a primer to start out--always use a good base--it will help the rest of your makeup go on really nice and last much longer. So after I applied my primer I would apply my foundation with a stippling brush-buffing it into the skin. Then concealed my blemishes and under my eyes (damn those dark circles!) with my concealor. I lay it down with a brush first, then pat it in to the skin...using your hands will warm up the product more and allow it to blend easier (some days I even skip the brush all together). I set everything with my Mac studio fix foundation and a big fluffy brush. I followed that up with my blush on the apples of the cheeks and a quick bit of lipstick. The following are pictures of the final look and followed by a list of all the products used. Thanks for checking back in and I look forward to continuing this blog!





Products used:

Products Used:

EYES

Urban Decay Primer Potion (original formula)

Urban Decay Naked 2 palette (all shadows)

L'oreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black #H200 (upper lash line)

Urban Decay's SuperCurl mascara

Brows- Wet n wild Pencil in-taupe    And I used the wet n wild eyeshadow palette Vanity, I used the medium matte brown shade to set the pencil

FACE

Primer: Loreal- Studio Secrets face primer

Foundation: Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation in 3.5

Blush: wet n wild's in Heather Silk

Conealor: Mac's Studio Fix concealor in NW20





Powder: Mac's Studio Fix Plus Powder Foundation in NW20

LIPS

Mac's Prolongwear Lipcreme in Unlimited 

Brushes Used:



Real Techniques Stippling blush to apply foundation

Urban Decay's double ended brush (comes in Naked 2 palette)

Elf blending brush (essential line) to blend all the colors seamlessly together.

Elf face brush (essential line) to apply face bowder

Elf blush brush (studio line) to apply blush and contour with elfs bronzer

Elf eyeshadow brush (essential line) for concealor

Revlon angle liner brush for brows