Saturday, September 24, 2011

Rainbow Sherbert! (and a preview of Freaky Friday- my new weekly look!)

So I wore this look to work yesterday and one of my coworkers told me that it reminded them of Rainbow Sherbert..so that's the name of the look! Hope you enjoy! Also, continue to the end of this post to see a preview and explanation of the new weekly look I'm starting!









I started off with my Urban Decay Primer Potion, then I applied a white face cream (the kind for halloween) as my white base and let it dry for a few seconds. I then packed my pink eyeshadow to the inner half of my eyelid, and my blue to the outer half of my lid. I blended them lightly using a back and forth motion (be VERY light with this).in the middle to be sure there wasn't a harsh line in the middle. It turned into a nice purple color. I then took my purple eyeshadow and added it to my crease, being sure to blend it nicely and create the shape that I wanted. I applied my white highlight color then blended it with the purple, adding more purple and continuing to blend as needed. Lastly, I added a light blue shimmer from my Physician's formula palette to my tear duct to open up my eyes. I then filled in my brows and added my gel liner to my lower water line and underneath the lash line on the outer 3rd of my eye. To finish my eye-- I added a couple coats of my mascara.

I then moved onto my face. I started off with my primer, then I applied my foundation. This time I decided to apply it with a wet sponge. I noticed that my brand of foundation tends to dry REALLY quickly, so I thought maybe applying it wet would help it blend out and not set before I had then chance to really blend it. I did notice that it helped, but I don't think I got quite as good of coverage as I normally do, but it did blend a lot easier. I then moved on to applying my blush. I started on the apples of my cheeks and blended it up towards my temples. I didn't do any highlighting or contouring (was in a bit of a hurry--I even forgot my setting powder!). I then sprayed my face makeup with Urban Decay's setting spray. And last I applied my lipstick straight from the tube. I don't like using the setting spray after my lipstick because it makes it feel a bit goopey, so I always I apply my lipstick last.

Products Used:

EYES

Urban Decay Primer Potion (original formula)

Urban Decay: Electric eyeshadow matte (outer half of lid)

L.A. COLORS: Purple #BME498 (for the crease)

Urban Decay: Supercurl Mascara

Maybelline Gel liner: black

NYX Champagne and Caviar: darkest matte brown to do my eyebrows and white for a highlight

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow (for green eyes)- light blue color for inner corner (tear duct) highlight

NYC duo shadow, Island Sunset #811B (pink for inner half of the lid)

FACE

Hard Candy Face Primer

Foundation: Revlon ColorStay in 150 Buff

Blush: elf's blush and bronzer duo


All Nighter Setting Spray


LIPS

Avon's Ultra Color Rich Lipstick in Sheer Light Peach #U300

Brushes Used:

Elf Concealer Brush(studio line) to pack color onto the lid

Elf Crease Brush (studio line)to apply color to the the crease

Elf eyeshadow (essential line) brush for the highlight

Elf blending brush (essential line) to blend all the colors seamlessly together.

Elf blush brush (studio line) to apply blush and contour with elfs bronzer

Elf concealer brush (essential line) to fill in my eyebrows

Elf's Concealer brush (essential line--I have 2 of these) to apply color to my inner tear duct


 FREAKY FRIDAY- My new weekly look!

Also wanted to let everyone know that I'm starting a new weekly look! It's called Freaky Friday! So every Friday I'm going to be doing a look that is a bit less wearable then my other looks. It might be a little bit more colorful or more dark, but it'll definitely be a bit freaky! So look for that starting next week. Here's a preview of what my first look will incorporate: