Monday, October 24, 2011

Cheshire Cat!

I did this look for work the other day, I wanted something fun and colorful (big surprise), but at the same time something that wouldn't take too long to do. I was inspired by everyone elses interpretation of the cheshire cat from Alice In Wonderland. I just went with a basic pink and purple look, but I think it turned out quite nicely. This look is very similar to my recent post for the Pink Panther, but I don't care I like both looks in their own right. Both deserve a post...so here ya go:







*See this link for code for the 120 palette

As always, I started off with my Urban Decay Primer Potion spread across my entire eye area. I then started off with my eyeshadow brush and took the color I2 a very bright pink and packed it all over my entire lid and up into the crease. I then took a combination of the colors J6 and J10 (2 beautiful mid-tone purples) and created a high cut crease blending up.  I did not blend the pink and the purples because I wanted a nice crisp cut crease look. I did take a blending brush and blend out the edges of the purple. I then added a bit more of the purples to keep the intensity while keeping the edges blended out. I then took L7and applied it under my brow as a highlight, starting at the middle of the brow and blending out in both directions. To finish off the eye I applied my gel liner to my upper lash line and lower waterline. I then curled my lashes and applied Urban Decay's SuperCURL mascara. (I usually don't bother curling my lashes with this mascara cause it does an amazing job on it's own, but wow..it looks even BETTER when I curl them too! To finish off the eye I filled in my brows with a dark brown matte eyeshadow.

I then moved on to my face, applying me Hard Candy primer and then my foundation directly afterward. Both were applied using my hands. I then applied my blush onto the apples of my cheeks and blended up towards my temples. To finish off the face I applied my finishing powder and sprayed my face with setting spray! To completely finish my look I added just a simple lip gloss.

Products used:

EYES

Urban Decay Primer Potion (original formula)

120 eye palette (1st edition) for all eyeshadows (unless otherwise mentioned)

Maybelline Gel liner: black (upper lash line and waterline)

Urban Decay's SuperCurl Mascara

NYX Champagne And Caviar palette (darkest matte brown to fill in brows)

FACE

Hard Candy Face Primer

Foundation: Revlon ColorStay in 150 Buff

Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in 10 Fair (this stuff is AMAZING!!)

Blush: elf's blush and bronzer duo

Urban Decay's Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder

Urban Decay's All Night Setting Spray

LIPS

NYC Kiss Gloss in Park Ave Punch #532

Brushes Used:

Elf essential eyeshadow brush to pack color on everywhere and do light blending

Revlon's Smokey eye Brush (for eyeliner)

Elf eyeshadow brush (studiol line) brush for the highlight

Elf blending brush (essential line) to blend all the colors seamlessly together.

Elf blush brush (studio line) to apply blush and contour with elfs bronzer

Elf concealer brush (essential line) to fill in my eyebrows